Top 7 Things to Know About Windows
- According to the US Department of Energy, leaky and inefficient windows, doors, and skylights account for 25 percent of the average households energy bills. You can cut your energy costs by having quality windows installed.
- Skylights are beautiful additions to any home, and they provide more light than your average vertical windows of the same size.
- Quality windows with double panes of glass help to cut down outside noise.
- Purchasing windows with collapsible/fold-down handles allows extra room for your blinds and window treatments.
- If there is condensation inside your windows, or you notice mold spots growing around your window casings, then it is time to have your windows replaced.
- You can make your own homemade window cleaner, using white vinegar and Dawn dish soap.
- Any window replacement project is a major investment, so make sure that you hire professionals to install your new windows. At Greenawalt Roofing, we treat your home as if it were our own.